An Exercise Physiologist is much more than an ordinary personal trainer in the gym. They study the physiological processes of our body during physical activity and exercise through scientific research. We can then focus this knowledge to develop programs aimed at reducing and/or reversing disease and injury progression.
We use exercise as medicine and therefore we personalise all exercise and/or rehabilitation to one’s condition or injury. We also specialise in graded exercise therapy and lifestyle interventions for persons at risk of developing chronic conditions and injuries.
Think physiotherapy and personal training combined. This is a simple way to describe exercise physiology that doesn’t give credit to the breadth of conditions we can help with.
This is what we can help you with:
- Speciality areas are Women’s Health, Spinal Injuries & Chronic Fatigue.
- Chronic disease management – osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, depression, PTSD, cancer, obesity, asthma, diabetes and cardiovascular disease,
- Musculoskeletal conditions and injuries
- Sport specific strength and conditioning programs – biomechanics, fitness testing, strength and power development, speed and agility, flexibility and exercise skill and technique
- Work related injuries and rehabilitation programs
- Functional Capacity Evaluations
- Ergonomic and workplace assessments
- Falls prevention
- Post surgery and joint replacements
- Chronic pain.
- We hold a Bachelor of Science degree.
- Masters degree – Preventive Medicine.
- Members of Exercise & Sports Science Australia.
- Private, Medicare, DVA, WorkCover WA & NDIS Provider.
Quality Assurance and GP Referrals:
- We give you back your QUALITY OF LIFE!
- We get fantastic RESULTS!
- We accept all Private, Medicare, DVA, WorkerCover WA & NDIS referrals.
Want to book a Clinical Fitness Test please click here
For more on our services please click here